Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tidying up the Vege Garden

I have spent some time out at the vege garden this afternoon.  With all of the rain we have had, the weeds have taken over.  Have pulled out probably 2/3 of the weeds so far, with it being nice and wet the weeds are pretty easy to pull out.  I will let the chooks in there tomorrow to scratch around, and clean up the bugs, there seems to be an infestation of grasshoppers, white moths and caterpillers up there at the moment, so the girls should have quite a good meal for the next few days cleaning that up for me.
This morning I took Kasey to a little friend's 6th birthday party, which she enjoyed, and have put on some washing this afternoon.  We are having a bit of a pot luck dinner tonight, using up some bits and pieces from the freezer and some leftovers from during the week, with some fresh cooked vegies. I am in the process of trying to use up everything in the freezer, as it is very full, and I keep buying more things to go in there, so currently I am concentrating on using it all up so I don't throw anything away which is a waste of money, resources and food. I am going to make a drink bottle holder tonight for Kasey, I will post pictures when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment