Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snakes in the grass!

Today I went to the Husqvarna day at the local sewing centre. We are constructing a pieced cushion, using different feet and sewing techniques on each piece of the cushion. I am up to piecing it all together now, and then the cushion can be constructed

(Photos to come)

Toni picked Kasey up from school for me as she is home still recovering from her surgery. She is really good now, just not allowed to do anything strenuous for the next few days, but otherwise she is completely fine. I have done some washing, and tonight when I was going to hang it out, there was a little black snake on the back verandah, it was probably only about 60cm or so long, but I really don't like snakes, but it disappeared before Damian could get the shovel... it's only going to get bigger, I hope it has moved on, but I have a bad feeling that it hasn't. :(

Tonight I have made some honeycomb easter eggs. They are so easy to make, and cost about $2 each to make, they are the same size as the ones Darrell Lea sell for $11.95, so a big saving. I will be making some rocky road ones tomorrow.

These are my egg moulds.



First I roughly cut up the honeycomb pieces, then I melted a complete block of chocolate (Aldi brand) in the microwave for a minute and a half, then stirred the honeycomb through the chocolate.


Then I spoon into the mould, I spray it with cooking spray first.


This is the finished result, ready for pretty packaging, to give to family and friends. Rocky road ones are next on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment