Monday, February 16, 2015
Our little Maran girl went clucky about 5 weeks ago, and I put 12 guinea fowl eggs under her to hatch out for me. About 2 1/2 weeks in, 1 egg mysteriously disappeared, leaving 11 eggs. They were due to hatch today. Overnight on Friday night and over the course of Saturday, all 11 eggs hatched out healthy little babies. That is the first time EVER that we have had a 100% success rate with any hatching, whether it be in the incubator or under a clucky hen. I have moved them all in to a separate safe pen, so they all have plenty of room, and they are running around and being very cute.
Posted by Debra K at 4:10 PM