Monday, March 8, 2010

Meusli Bars

I have made a batch of meusli bars this afternoon, and am currently waiting for them to cool and firm up before cutting them up into bars.  It should make about 16 good size bars, and cost probably $4 to make this batch. Much cheaper than buying good quality meusli bars at the supermarket, which are about $5 for 6 bars!, and I know exactly what has gone in them, my meusli bars don't have numbers as ingredients!   I have made them to this recipe.

Ingredients:
200g butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups toasted meusli
2 cups ricebubbles
1/2 cup coconut
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 cup choc chips
1 tin homemade condensed milk

I melted the butter in a saucepan on the stove, then added the sugar, and left it to boil gently without stirring until a pale golden colour, I then added all other ingredients, and stirred up and pressed into tins and baked at 180 deg for 20 - 25 minutes until goldenl. It only took about 10 minutes to make them, they were really easy. 

I took the 2 girls out this morning, and we all had our swine flu shots at the local high school. Kasey was pretty brave really, and cried a little when the needle was given, but was fine within about 10 seconds.  Honestly, it was the least painful needle I think I have ever had, the nurse who gave us the shots is very good at what she does. Damian is out finishing off the back tray on his landcruiser, so I can't wait to seen how that looks when he gets home.  Not sure what we will have for dinner tonight yet, but I will try to use up some more food from the freezer.  I found the microwave chicken that I purchased about a month ago sitting right in front of me in the fridge last night, I thought I had put it in the freezer, so I will have to throw that away, so much for buying it on special, it has ended up being wasted, I was wondering where it had got to and kept searching in the freezer for it! Must have been having a boy look for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment