Friday, May 21, 2010

Ho Hum.....

It is quite cool today, with a sprinkle of rain about. I was really tired this morning, and our plans to go and look at caravans today have fallen through, so I propped myself up with a new craft mag and a cuppa to warm up a little, and would have been quite happy to have a snooze, however, guilt overcame me, and I am now in the office trying to do the few things that I would rather not be doing.... I really need a push at the moment, I am feeling very unmotivated around the garden again....ho hum....and I am even a bit unmotivated towards the sewing and craft etc....must be the weather, I don't know....

I have also been having little bouts of anxiety....it really sucks to be honest, I have never, ever been an anxious person, but have suffered from this for the last 12 months or so, along with that other nasty 'D' word....I was feeling quite good when seeing my naturopath, but have gone a bit wayward with the diet and supplements in the last few weeks, as I was feeling much better, but I think that I need to reverse up a bit, and stick with this a little longer....will ring the naturopath shortly and organise for them to send me some refills...it is just soooo expensive, you order a few things and it cost a few hundred dollars!! However, feeling like this sucks, even Toni asked me this morning if I was feeling ok...

Over the last couple of months, I have concentrated on the more crafty blogs instead of the gardening type blogs and websites, and I think this is where my enthusiasm has waned a little, along with the fact that I don't seem to be able to get the vege garden to really bloom, it seems that I spend lots of time in there for not too much of a reward, this tends to dampen the enthusiasm quite a bit..... my garlic didn't take, which was really disappointing, the standards like pumpkin, sweet potato, rhubarb, asparagus, chillies and spring onions and the rampant mint always seem to soldier on, but I do have trouble with most other things at the minute. The tomato bushes are having a little re-fruit at the minute, but not much.  I planted some sweetcorn, but only half a dozen or so of those took as well, I planted about 40 seeds, so that was disappointing as well. I seem to have been having problems since I purchased the diggers seeds, maybe I will try another supplier, I have also been having issues with getting up to the seedling supplier at the markets, as you need to get there really early to get what you want, and I mean 5.30 or so in the morning, and even then there is a line up, so that is why I purchased seeds as I wanted to avoid that line up every couple of weeks. I just seem to have a constant battle with things not growing other than the bloody weeds!!! I fertilised everything really well in March, and dug it all over and mulched etc, but have not had real success, so I really do believe it's more the seeds than anything else, as I have always had relatively good success, not as good as the real green thumbs out there, but pretty good.  Anyway, I am just out of sorts right now, so need to deal with that, so I can continue on with the journey here at home.

We went and had a look at some caravans yesterday, as we are looking at upgrading our caravan. We currently have an 8 year old coromal poptop van, which is just beautiful, but we have decided we will go back to a van with bunks, so that when we do a travelling trip, we don't have to setup a tent etc for Toni everyday, and I do worry about her being out there in strange towns. We are also going to get one with a shower and toilet, as again, setting up the outdoor shower tent and toilet every day is also quite a pain day after day. Damian is also looking at going up north to work for a couple of weeks here and there, so we need enough accomodation for both himself and Michael, as currently we only have the queen bed and a smaller lounge which Kasey sleeps on, so we definitely need to go back to the bunks. Our first caravan had bunks, but the older kids decided they would like to go into tents, so we didn't worry about it so much with the Coromal. I am looking forward to the shower and toilet in the van, this will make things so much easier when camping. So we will probably go out tomorrow and have a look at some more, we are not sure yet if we will go new, or a year or 2 old, there isn't too much of a difference price wise to be honest, so whichever has the best features and is the best built for the money is probably the way we will go, we would dearly love a Kedron Top Ender, but...$120,000 is waaayyyy out of our price range, but they are the absolute pinnacle of beautifully built but extremely tough caravans...but we can't justify or afford that sort of money.....I would have liked to have headed away for the weekend, but I think it's too late, and we have a bit much to do this weekend as well, as Damian is heading away next weekend for a couple of weeks of work....oh well.... maybe the June long weekend will be the way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment