Wednesday, June 23, 2010

hmmm....today was well.....hmmmm

It has definitely been one of those days today. I have found it really hard to get myself out of bed this last week or so, and this morning was no exception. I think I have dropped Kasey off at school after the bell most days this week, which isn't like me at all. Last night I applied some liquid nails to the inside of the souls of Kasey's school shoes, as she has been dragging her toes on the concrete in her shoes and they soul has been flapping around in it's own universe for a couple of days. So this morning, the liquid nails had dried, apparently, so she popped her shoes on. I was busy cleaning her room (as usual) and she brings in a tissue and says "Mum, is this the colour of the stuff you used to glue my shoes together?" I was very frustrated with Kasey this morning as she was being a bit hard to deal with, so I didn't even look at her, and said, "Look Kasey, just give me 5 minutes, I'm not going to answer you right now, just leave me to get a bit organised"....I lived to regret that....when I came out of the jungle, I saw liquid nails smeared all over the floor, from the dining room to the lounge room. It had been seeping out from her shoes, as the stuff in the middle of her shoes hadn't quite dried yet....so after spending about 15 minutes scraping it all off the floor, I said, right, let's go....and as Kasey turned around to head out the door, I spotted it.....the back of her school pants was covered in liquid nails...!!!  oh lordy....
anyway....after I changed her, took her to school, and then returned home to scrub as much of it as I could off her pants, I proceeded to do the mountain of washing that has once again accumulated. I then did some bookwork, and organised the insurance renewal for Damian's car, then I went to the demo at the sewing centre for the Palmer Pletsch dressmaking course, picked Kasey up and took her to the doctor. Turns out she has a ringworm on her arm, so have to put cream on it for about 6 weeks. So this evening after doing all the usual stuff, dinner, light the fire, do the chooks, feed the dog, load the dishwasher etc, I was quietly sitting at the table reading some blogs, and Kasey decided she would make me a beaded necklace. Something in the back of my mind was shouting "danger, danger" to me, as I was envisaging all these tiny beads being spilt all over the floor, when Kasey took the lid off the beads, the lid was stuck so she pulled extra hard....and....yep....the teeny tiny beads ended up all over the floor....Kasey is in bed now thank goodness, so my floors might be safe for another day.....then again, Toni is due home from work any minute....so you never know....
4 eggs today, 1 chilli picked, a dozen or so passionfruit, 1 stalk silverbeet and a few heads of broccoli for dinner....the tv is off, the kitchen is tidy, and peace currently reigns....bliss...

No comments:

Post a Comment