Saturday, January 21, 2012

Homemade Deodorant

I made up some home made deodorant about a week ago, and have been using it since. It works really well, and is so easy to make. It has a nice teatree oil smell, which smells the same as an all natural deodorant I was using a few months back, but this homemade one seems to work better. I already had all of the ingredients here, and it only took a couple of minutes to make. I think I will try and buy some deodorant rollon applicator bottles for future batches but it is quite fine to use the way it is, I just put a small amount on my fingertip and apply this way.  This deodorant is all natural, and contains no chemicals or aluminium etc, so much better for me. It also allows your underarms to naturally sweat if needed, to sweat out toxins in your body, which is our bodies natural defence at getting rid of some of the bad toxins in our systems, but perspiration has not increased for me since using this, and there has definitely been no odour so it seems to be working really well. I will be making this again.

Recipe
Homemade Deodorant

(Makes just over 1/2 cup)
1/4 Cup baking soda
1/4 Cup cornflour
5 - 6 Tablespoons coconut oil
Tea Tree Oil (optional)
Combine the baking soda and cornflour, then work in the coconut oil. I used my mixer to incorporate the two until well combined.
If desired, add tea tree oil (anywhere from 5 - 20 drops) which has natural antibacterial qualities.
Also, if your room is warm, the oil might liquify a little, so move it to the refrigerator if necessary or a cooler room.
To use: Rub a small amount on underarms.

2 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting, I have just been reading about something similar to this that I have marked on my 'to do list' sometime this year... Is it still working well for you?

    I love Dirt Girl worlds too! So inspiring for the kidlets... She rocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GJ, the deodorant has been working fabulously. I have been very hot and sweaty decluttering the kitchen and linen cupboards, and it has been working better than the bought stuff..really good..

      Delete