Monday, April 12, 2010

Pumpkin Soup and a quiet end to the weekend

Last night I made a yummy batch of pumpkin soup for dinner. I have modified a cookbook recipe, which I have listed on my recipe blog here 










We had this with home made bread. I made the bread in my break maker, but I find the texture of the bread is much better if I make it completely by hand, it seems much lighter than with the breadmaker, more like the commercial bread texture, so I find Damian everyone  accepts it much more. Yesterday was a relatively quiet day here, I had a sleep in as I didn't get to sleep until nearly 2am, as Kasey kept interrupting my sleep, and both Damian and I were quite tired, so it was quite a lazy day. Damian did go up to the chook pen in the afternoon and improve the access ramp to the chook pen as Sam has had a lot of trouble trying to get in, he's not very good at climbing up or flying up on to things, even flying up on to the perch is an issue for him, I don't know if this is normal for silkies, or if it is just him. Today I have had the pest control people come out and quote for termite barrier protection as we had termites a couple of months ago, and we want to ensure they don't come back, and they are going to include the general pest control in the price. We had a company come out on Friday as well, and I think I will end up going with them, as they seemed to know what they were talking about a bit more than the people today. This afternoon I need to get some paperwork and maintenance manuals done for Damian, and I am getting through the never ending mountain of washing that we seem to produce here again. It's back to school for the girls tomorrow, so things will be back to the usual hectic morning pace again, but it gets me going a lot earlier in the day, which is definitely a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment