Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Getting back in to a routine??

Back to school yesterday for the girls. I think they are both glad to be back...they are both fairly social people. I spent most of the day in the office doing paperwork, and last night I went to a sewing class to start on making a handbag insert, I can't wait until I finish this, as I really need some organisation  in my bag. I have taken some photos of the construction so far, but they are on my phone, and I'm not sure where my USB cord is to download them to the computer. When I got home I stayed up until nearly 1am putting my back on the farm quilt first block components onto the backing, so I could sew them today at the monthly quilting class. I have actually really enjoyed sewing this today, it has been mainly free motion sewing, which I am certainly no expert in, but is is coming up really nicely, and has actually made me a lot keener to continue on with the other blocks now that I have started on the sewing. I will post a photo soon of what I have done so far.

I am definitely reaching the time where I wish to spend much less time on my computer and more time actually doing all of these tasks, which is a really good thing. It has been about 8 months since I gave up work, and has taken me most of this time to get over my stress, anxiety and depression that I was suffering from due to my employment. Now that I have returned to working part time for myself, I would really like to start to make better use of my free time, and spend more time on my craft, vegie garden and house and garden in general. I just need to make the commitment and actually do it! It has been very hard to actually get in to some sort of routine again after working full time for most of the last 20 years around kids, I have really found it difficult to actually know what to do at home. I thought it would have only taken me a month or 2 to get back into the swing of things, and I am surprised by how long it is actually taking. Making the effort to get back into sewing and attending these classes is really helping as it is making me take the time out to do these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment