Friday, August 6, 2010

Skim yoghurt was a success....yay...

This is bliss...the groceries are put away, the kids are at school, and I have a yummy lunch to eat and some new mags to read...


A lovely ham and salad sandwich with home made chilli jam, homemade skim vanilla yoghurt with homegrown passionfruit, and a cup of tea.  The skim yoghurt using the long life milk turned out really well, nice and thick. It has a different flavour to the full cream one, more of a baby food sort of taste to it...it's nice, just different to usual, however, with some passionfruit on top it is absolutely delicious. In fact, I am going to make another batch a bit later so I don't run out. I think it will be really yummy with some peach or strawberry syrup as well, I may go to the markets on the weekend, and see if I can pickup some bulk strawberries, and if I can I will make some jam and some strawberry syrup for yoghurt and icecream etc. The recipe I used for the yoghurt was the simple savings one, modified with the long life milk at the suggestion of another member who had good success with it:

1/3 cup skim milk powder
2 heaped tablespoons yoghurt powder
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
I then filled up to the fill line on the easiyo container with long life milk, gave it a good stir and shake, and processed in the easiyo thermos as normal.


Last night I did a bit of attaching my back on the farm shapes to the fabric ready for cutting out, 2 down, 2 more to go. This morning I went and booked in for the new sewing classes from Sep - Dec as the new list came out last night. I am glad I called in early to book as some of them had already started to fill up. I then had a little bit of a look around at the shops, bought a couple of new mags, and then did the grocery shopping, went to the bank to pick up some new cards, called in and picked up a finished preservation from the framers, and then came home, by the time everything was unpacked it was 1pm....the day has flown by....Nearly time to do the school run today, good time to catch up on the reading or do some cutting out or hand stitching etc while I wait for the bell to ring.  I have a silk wedding to finish off over the next few day for a client, and I also need to get stuck in to the sewing and finish some projects and catch up on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment