Friday, May 27, 2011

Permaculture Design Certificate - Done!

I finished my Permaculture course yesterday.....we had to do up a big design project of a property, I used ours, and do a presentation on it. It was great to do this project, as it cemented all of the learning we have done over the last 3 1/2 months.  Lots to do to bring all of the elements in to our property over the next couple of years. Learnt so much over this time, so it has been a great experience. I want to further my learning now in some of the elements I want to bring in, such as beekeeping, herbal remedies etc so lots of things to look forward to expanding my knowledge base with. Met some absolutely lovely people, and we have started up a facebook group for our PDC group, so we can all keep in touch and encourage each other on our journeys to bringing all of our new found knowledge to life on our properties.
This is the concept plant drawn up for our property, this is only a very small part of the project we had to complete, there is another 11 A3 pages of information, drawings etc to go with this. 

I want to try and now keep Thursday's as a day to dedicate to learning, and also as personal time for me...will see how that goes... lol....this is the lovely group of people that I went through the course with, all very diverse, but we all have similar goals in the grand scheme of things.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debra, thanks for posting the concept plan for your property. I'm doing a PDC at the moment as well, and am fascinated to look at the various designs and approaches I've found around the net.

    We're on 1 acre, and most of the plans I find are for either suburban-sized blocks or farms - so I was very happy to find yours that's on a similar scale to what I need.

    ReplyDelete