Monday, September 27, 2010

Declutter challenge day 1

I am setting myself a challenge to do some serious decluttering before the end of the year...today was day 1, and loaded up in the back of the car is 2 very large boxes of stuff from the garage that has been taking up room in there for the last 6 months, and prior to that, it was taking up room in the lockup area of the shed for about 2 years....waiting for me to have a garage sale....as well as some small trikes, 2 beanbags, a pram and a stroller and a few other bits and pieces....these WILL be dropped off at Lifeline in the morning on my way to coffee with Tammy.  When I get home I will be loading up the other half of the garage clutter, and that will go down on Wednesday morning on my way up to Mum's.  This will be 2 large 4WD loads of  clutter gone...I have kept a sand kingdom outside sand and water play table and will give this to Tammy in the morning for her little boy, and the rest of the stuff is really good quality baby and toddler toys, so hopefully someone who really needs it will get more use out of it than we are by it sitting in our garage.  I have also loaded up the Little Tikes playgym that is toddler sized, as well as the large rocker/seesaw thing for Tammy's little boy as well.

Day 2's challenge - get the 2nd load of clutter in to car ready to drop off Wed morning
                                 - Work out what will be on day 3 of this challenge's agenda


I have decided that the day's may not necessarily follow each other each day, but it may end up being 1 or 2 day's each week, followed by more or less the following week, depending on my schedule for that week and how I am feeling.  As October is quite busy for me work wise, I don't want to take on too much, but I don't want to lose the momentum of decluttering either, I have also come up with a decluttering plan that I can follow and mark off, with the idea being to have it done by the end of the year, I have this as a separate page here on the blog, so it is now written down, and I will mark each one off as I do it....here goes....

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Sounds like you have a plan. I've just started a new blog, for the same purpose- I want to declutter my house! I'll subscribe to your blog and help cheer you on... I'd love it if you would drop by my place and do the same!

    ReplyDelete