Friday, November 15, 2013

The big fat man in the red suit is done and dusted..... :(

Kasey was talking to me on our way up the track yesterday afternoon about Santa. She was saying that the kids at school all say that Santa isn't real...she has been bringing it up for a couple of years now...so I fessed up......sigh....
Not a little girl anymore...
Makes Christmas a LOT easier though...
She was totally fine as she was pretty sure anyway...
I have told her that she has to be the keeper of the magic for younger ones though and not to go and do what the other kids at school do to ruin it for everyone else....she agrees that it should be magical for littler kids so I think she will do the right thing. I try and always make a big deal about decorating for Christmas to bring the spirit alive, so it's not so much focused on Santa...it worked for Toni, she is as nuts as I am about decorating for Christmas, she wanted to put her tree up a week ago!! Kasey and I were talking about how Santa is for little children to bring the magic in to Christmas, but as we get older, it's more of a focus on family and friends and spending time with loved ones and enjoying each others company with good food and good times..at least we think it is...

2 comments:

  1. Good on her for understanding it is important to keep the magic alive. I have not had a chance to read many blogs lately so it was good to catch up with all your news. i hope you get a bit more rain soon as it looks like you need it. Glad to hear the business is going well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, I know exactly what you mean, it is hard keeping up with everything sometimes. We do desperately need rain, so hopefully we get some soon. Hope all is well with you :)

      Delete