Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Projects completed at the sewing retreat

Well, the sewing retreat is over until March next year. I tried to mainly work on unfinished projects, but did a couple of new ones as well. We embroidered some lovely flowers to go on to these slippers, these were the group project for the retreat.  I made some extra flowers for Mum to put on her slippers, as she doesn't have her embroidery machine yet, and while I was doing those, Mum made my bag to store the slippers in. These will be ideal for our upcoming cruise.
I finished off these embroidered oven mitts, which have come up nicely. 
 I have finished my back on the farm quilt, just got to hand sew the binding on to the front, but othierwise it is all finished. I got lots of comments from the other sewers on the retreat, it will be hung on my wall in my craft room when I get my craft room back
 I also finished this bread roll warmer, this will be great for parties and get togethers.
 I finished the backpack I was working on as well, other than putting a big button and tassle over the clip
 This was a new project I completed over an afternoon, the "tepanyaki bag" which is part of the montly gift of the month club I receive each month, this received lots of lovely comments as well, and I will use this a lot.

So, great to get some of these out of the unfinished pile, still lots to go though...

No comments:

Post a Comment